Monday, August 5, 2013

One BIG OL' mess hunni!

Prior to finding out I was pregnant in January of 2011 I had lost 50 pounds!!! Yeeeeeah baby! It had taken me a year to do so.  However, I was so elated that I had taken control of my body and actually followed through with my weight loss goals.  I had been battling with my weight since I was 5 years old!  Unfortunately, my second trimester hit me like a ton of bricks! I was trying to finish graduate school, was in Chicago without my family, completing my internship, AND I WAS MAKING A BABY! Needless to say I gained all that damn weight back! 

Now, I figured that I wouldn't worry about it.  I planned to lose the weight after I dropped that load.... *crickets* Yeah, that AINT happen! I was emotionally drained from the demands of being a new mother and going through a breakup.  Shit got out of control and I was ROUND.  No matter what I did I could not get the motivation to lose the weight.  The stress from a new job, moving, and trying to live up to my own expectations was killing me, literally.  So, I began from the inside out.

I sought out to repair my emotional and mental self.  I needed to be happy with me REGARDLESS of my weight.  For the past year I have faced my mirror and damn if it was UGLY! (lol).  I began peeling back the layers of one stank ass onion and viewing myself in its rawest form.  This process has been emotional, rocky, and draining but uplifting and necessary!  It has taken a year for me to find motivation and boy oh boy did I find it!  

This time around I set no "goals".  Specifically,  I do not have an ideal weight to reach at an ideal time.  Also, I'm not going to pretend that I didn't eat "THAT" because I DID! I remind myself that I am human and that I am attempting to change 26 years of unhealthy habits.  That shit aint happening overnight and if you think so, STOP LYING TO YOURSELF! "Oh #$%!, I cheated embraces my attitude towards this movement.  You cheated? okay! GET OVER IT and try again tomorrow.  From a meat lover to part time vegetarian, I am changing my lifestyle one day at a time!
June 13, 2010... pre-baby
July 2011...On the way to the Taste of Chicago... ROUND
January 2012...post-baby...face is FULL as &^%$

July 4, 2013... Long way to go BUT LOVING THE PROGRESS!


1 comment:

  1. You are doing wonderful .. keep up the good work .. I love the progress that you are making .. .and i'm proud of you

    ReplyDelete