Thursday, November 14, 2013

Sinful weekend and I CHEATED

This past weekend was full of sin! Actually, I think that may be an understatement. Seriously, I should have had a personal trainer attached to my hip! Their sole purpose would be to remind me that I would REGRET every every bite I took! I know you're probably saying to yourself, "her ass is so dramatic. It couldn't have been THAT bad". Okay, so I can admit that I AM dramatic but in my head it was THAT bad. How bad you ask? Well....

Saturday was my nephew's birthday party and I already knew what time it was. His mother had a full spread as she always does. As she uncovered the aluminum serving pans I was mentally preparing myself. I was giving myself a pep talk until.... BAM! she uncovered the mac & cheese. Needless to say I lost that battle. Well, not completely!  Hell, I didn't put up much of a fight but I could at least give myself some credit. I had ONE plate (no seconds) of mac &cheese, collards, baked chicken, and ribs (no sauce!). And... two cupcakes and a piece of cake. I didn't eat the icing not because it makes it any better because it doesn't, but because I don't particularly care for icing. And as if Saturday's indulgence was not enough Sunday came! Yaaaaaaay! No! -_0

My loving brother decided to go to Phillip's Seafood Buffet for brunch on Sunday. Lovely big bro, just lovely! So, I had been preparing myself all morning. My mother and I woke up and had a green smoothie for breakfast to prepare for whatever temptation awaited us.

When we got there I headed straight for the salad bar! My plan was to eat a big spinach salad to fill up so I wouldnt want all that deliciously prepared bad foods! Yeeeeeep.... it didn't work! I mean I sid eat the salad but I still found room for the fried shrimp and clams. Oooooh and my fav, clam chowder. 

Sunday night I felt horrible! After a weekend like that you figure to shit with it and to Popeyes. But that is so not an option. I hopped on Pinterest and got to gettin' and Monday I was back at it! I had a green smoothie, headed to the grocery stored, and stocked up on fruits and veggies! I found great recipes; vegan meals and butternut squash and chicken stew! I can't wait to share these recipes and my reviews with you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment